Angel

2013/07/24 1

angel Jesus

t f B! P L
Jos 5:13-15
13 And it came about when Joshua happened to be by Jer′i‧cho that he proceeded to raise his eyes and look, and there there was a man standing in front of him with his drawn sword in his hand. So Joshua walked up to him and said to him: “Are you for us or for our adversaries?” 14 To this he said: “No, but I—as prince of the army of YHWH I have now come.” With that Joshua fell on his face to the earth and prostrated himself and said to him: “What is my lord saying to his servant?” 15 In turn the prince of the army of YHWH said to Joshua: “Draw your sandals from off your feet, because the place on which you are standing is holy.” At once Joshua did so.

Angels, God's spiritual children

מַלְאָךְ mal'ak
usage
1) messenger, representative
a) messenger
b) angel
c) the theophanic angel

Angels are powerful spirit being like God.
They are called 'sons of God' in the Bible. (Ge 6:1; Job 1:6, 38:7)
God, Jesus, angels are called spirit, they are spirit being, so that they are same in nature.

Joh 4:24
24 God is a Spirit,

1Co 15:44-45, 49
44 It is sown a physical body, it is raised up a spiritual body. If there is a physical body, there is also a spiritual one.
45 . . . The last Adam (Jesus) became a life-giving spirit.
49 And just as we have borne the image of the one made of dust, we shall bear also the image of the heavenly one.

Ps 104:4 (Heb 1:7)
4 Making his angels spirits, His ministers a devouring fire.

1Ki 22:21
21 Finally a spirit came out and stood before YHWH and said, 'I myself shall fool him.

There is only two being in the Bible, spirit being like God, and fleshly being like us.

So, God, Jesus, angels are no different in nature.
They are essentially the same.
Jesus is the first direct creation of God.
Angels are came into existence through Jesus, like we came into existence through our parents.
So angels and Jesus are the same in nature as spirit, like we are the same as our parents in nature as human.

Jesus used to be in God's form as spirit being, then later came to earth as fleshly being lower than the angels.

Heb 2:7
7 You made him (Jesus) a little lower than angels;

Jesus is called,
the only begotten God (Joh 1:18),
the firstborn of all creation (Col 1:15),
the beginning of creation by God (Re 3:14),
the beginning of his way, the earliest of his achievements (Pr 8:22)
the son of God (Joh 1:34, 20:31)

So Yeshua (Jesus) is the first creation of Yahweh.

Someone say that “Begotten” and “created” is not the same thing.
But they can't explain how.

Yahweh can create or beget sons out of nothing or inanimate things.

Mt 3:9
For I say to YOU that God is able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones.

God can procreate living things from non animate things, even from nothing by means of his holy spirit.

Ps 104:30
30 If you send forth your spirit, they are created;

Job 33:4
4 God's own spirit made me, And the Almighty's own breath proceeded to bring me to life.

Ps 33:6
6 By the word of YHWH the heavens themselves were made, And by the spirit of his mouth all their army.

Heb 11:3
3 By faith we perceive that the systems of things were put in order by God's word, so that what is beheld has come to be out of things that do not appear.

So there is the fist direct creation of Yahweh out of nothing other than Yahweh himself, anyway.
Who is he?

It is Yeshua (Jesus).

Understand that being created by God's holy spirit and begotten is the same in meaning.

Let's go back to the angels, then.

Angels are God's representatives.

Ge 22:11, 15-18
11 But YHWH's angel began calling to him out of the heavens and saying: "Abraham, Abraham!" to which he answered: "Here I am!" 12 And he went on to say: "Do not put out your hand against the boy and do not do anything at all to him, for now I do know that you are God-fearing in that you have not withheld your son, your only one, from me."

15 And YHWH's angel proceeded to call to Abraham the second time out of the heavens 16 and to say: "'By myself I do swear,' is the utterance of YHWH, 'that by reason of the fact that you have done this thing and you have not withheld your son, your only one, 17 I shall surely bless you and I shall surely multiply your seed like the stars of the heavens and like the grains of sand that are on the seashore; and your seed will take possession of the gate of his enemies. 18 And by means of your seed all nations of the earth will certainly bless themselves due to the fact that you have listened to my voice.'"

Here we see an angel representing YHWH God.
I assume that the angel must have been the word of God, the first creation who are exact representation of God. (Heb 1:3)

Heb 1:3
3 He is the reflection of [his] glory and the exact representation of his very being,

You will see that angel represents God himself, and Israelites viewed angel as God himself in Bible account.
So I conclude that angels are sharing God's nature, so that there is no difference in nature between God, the first creation, and the angels. They are all spirit, higher being in energy.

It is only YHWH God that the source of energy.
The first creation is the second to YHWH God in this respect.
Then necessary energy is dispensed to each angel according to their role.

The first creation can be called angel because the one of the usage of the term is representative.
He can be called an archangel.

Examine for yourself the following scriptures.

Ge 31:11
11 Then the angel of the [true] God said to me in the dream, 'Jacob!' to which I said, 'Here I am.' 12 And he continued, 'Raise your eyes, please, and see all the he-goats springing upon the flock are striped, speckled and spotty, for I have seen all that La'ban is doing to you. 13 I am the [true] God of Beth'el, where you anointed a pillar and where you vowed a vow to me. Now get up, go out of this land and return to the land of your birth.'"

Ex 3:2-5, 6-10
2 Then YHWH's angel appeared to him in a flame of fire in the midst of a thornbush. As he kept looking, why, here the thornbush was burning with the fire and yet the thornbush was not consumed. 3 At this Moses said: "Let me just turn aside that I may inspect this great phenomenon, as to why the thornbush is not burnt up." 4 When YHWH saw that he turned aside to inspect, God at once called to him out of the midst of the thornbush and said: "Moses! Moses!" to which he said: "Here I am." 5 Then he said: "Do not come near here. Draw your sandals from off your feet, because the place where you are standing is holy ground."

6 And he went on to say: "I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob." Then Moses concealed his face, because he was afraid to look at the [true] God. 7 And YHWH added: "Unquestionably I have seen the affliction of my people who are in Egypt, and I have heard their outcry as a result of those who drive them to work; because I well know the pains they suffer. 8 And I am proceeding to go down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land to a land good and spacious, to a land flowing with milk and honey, to the locality of the Ca'naan·ites and the Hit'tites and the Am'or·ites and the Per'iz·zites and the Hi'vites and the Jeb'u·sites. 9 And now, look! the outcry of the sons of Israel has come to me, and I have seen also the oppression with which the Egyptians are oppressing them. 10 And now come and let me send you to Phar'aoh, and you bring my people the sons of Israel out of Egypt."

Ex 14:19-20
19 Then the angel of the [true] God who was going ahead of the camp of Israel departed and went to their rear, and the pillar of cloud departed from their van and stood in the rear of them. 20 So it came in between the camp of the Egyptians and the camp of Israel. On the one hand it proved to be a cloud together with darkness. On the other hand it kept lighting up the night. And this group did not come near that group all night long.

Ex 23:20-21
20 "Here I am sending an angel ahead of you to keep you on the road and to bring you into the place that I have prepared. 21 Watch yourself because of him and obey his voice. Do not behave rebelliously against him, for he will not pardon YOUR transgression; because my name is within him.


Jg 2:1-5
2 Then YHWH's angel went up from Gil'gal to Bo'chim and said: "I proceeded to bring YOU up out of Egypt and to bring YOU into the land about which I swore to YOUR forefathers. Furthermore, I said, 'Never shall I break my covenant with YOU. 2 And for YOUR part, YOU must not conclude a covenant with the inhabitants of this land. Their altars YOU should pull down.' But YOU have not listened to my voice. Why have YOU done this? 3 So I, in turn, have said, 'I shall not drive them away from before YOU, and they must become snares to YOU, and their gods will serve as a lure to YOU.'"

4 And it came about that as soon as YHWH's angel had spoken these words to all the sons of Israel, the people began to raise their voices and weep. 5 Hence they called the name of that place Bo'chim. And they proceeded to sacrifice there to YHWH.

Jg 6:22-23
22 Consequently Gid'e·on realized that it was YHWH's angel.
At once Gid'e·on said: "Alas, Sovereign Lord YHWH, for the reason that I have seen YHWH's angel face to face!" 23 But YHWH said to him: "Peace be yours. Do not fear. You will not die."

Jg 13:16-18, 21-23
16 . . . For Ma·no'ah did not know that he was YHWH's angel. 17 Then Ma·no'ah said to YHWH's angel: "What is your name, that when your word comes true we shall certainly do you honor?" 18 However, YHWH's angel said to him: "Just why should you ask about my name, when it is a wonderful one?"

21 And YHWH's angel did not repeat appearing to Ma·no'ah and his wife anymore. Then it was that Ma·no'ah knew that he had been YHWH's angel. 22 Consequently Ma·no'ah said to his wife: "We shall positively die, because it is God that we have seen." 23 But his wife said to him: "If YHWH had been delighted only to put us to death, he would not have accepted a burnt offering and grain offering from our hand, and he would not have shown us all these things, and he would not as now have let us hear anything like this."

1Sa 29:9
9 At this A'chish answered and said to David: "I well know that you have been good in my own eyes, like an angel of God.

2Sa 14:17, 20
17 then your maidservant said, 'Let the word of my lord the king serve, please, to give rest.' For just like an angel of the [true] God is the way my lord the king is, to distinguish what is good and what is bad, and may YHWH your God himself prove to be with you."
20 For the sake of altering the face of the matter your servant Jo'ab has done this thing, but my lord is wise as with the wisdom of the angel of the [true] God so as to know all that is in the earth."

2Sa 19:27
27 So he slandered your servant to my lord the king. But my lord the king is as an angel of the [true] God, and so do what is good in your eyes.

1Ki 19:5-8
5 Finally he lay down and fell asleep under the broom tree. But, look! now an angel was touching him. Then he said to him: "Rise up, eat." 6 When he looked, why, there at his head was a round cake upon heated stones and a jug of water. And he began to eat and drink, after which he lay down again. 7 Later the angel of YHWH came back a second time and touched him and said: "Rise up, eat, for the journey is too much for you." 8 So he rose up and ate and drank, and he kept going in the power of that nourishment for forty days and forty nights as far as the mountain of the [true] God, Ho'reb.

2Ki 1:3-4, 15
3 As for the angel of YHWH, he spoke to E·li'jah the Tish'bite: "Rise up, go up to meet the messengers of the king of Sa·mar'i·a and say to them, 'Is it because there is no God at all in Israel that YOU are going to inquire of Ba'al-ze'bub the god of Ek'ron? 4 So therefore this is what YHWH has said: "As regards the couch upon which you have gone up, you will not come down off it, because you will positively die."'" With that E·li'jah went off.
15 At that the angel of YHWH spoke to E·li'jah: "Go down with him. Do not be afraid because of him." So he rose and went down with him to the king.

Ec 5:6
6 Do not allow your mouth to cause your flesh to sin, neither say before the angel that it was a mistake. Why should the [true] God become indignant on account of your voice and have to wreck the work of your hands?

Ze 1:9
9 And so I said: "Who are these, my lord?"
At that the angel who was speaking with me said to me: "I myself shall show you who these very ones are."

Ze 3:1-2, 5-7
1 And he proceeded to show me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of YHWH, and Satan standing at his right hand in order to resist him. 2 Then [the angel of] YHWH said to Satan: "YHWH rebuke you, O Satan, yes, YHWH rebuke you, he who is choosing Jerusalem! Is this one not a log snatched out of the fire?"

5 At that I said: "Let them put a clean turban upon his head." And they proceeded to put the clean turban upon his head and to clothe him with garments; and the angel of YHWH was standing by. 6 And the angel of YHWH began to bear witness to Joshua, saying: 7 "This is what YHWH of armies has said, 'If it is in my ways that you will walk, and if it is my obligation that you will keep, then also it will be you that will judge my house and also keep my courtyards; and I shall certainly give you free access among these who are standing by.'

Ze 4:4-5
4 Then I answered and said to the angel who was speaking with me, saying: "What do these [things] mean, my lord?" 5 So the angel who was speaking with me answered and said to me: "Do you not really know what these things mean?"
In turn I said: "No, my lord."

Ze 6:4
4 And I proceeded to answer and say to the angel who was speaking with me: "What are these, my lord?"

Ze 12:8-10
8 In that day YHWH will be a defense around the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and the one that is stumbling among them must become in that day like David, and the house of David like God, like YHWH's angel before them. 9 And it must occur in that day [that] I shall seek to annihilate all the nations that are coming against Jerusalem.
10 "And I will pour out upon the house of David and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem the spirit of favor and entreaties, and they will certainly look to the One whom they pierced through, and they will certainly wail over Him as in the wailing over an only [son]; and there will be a bitter lamentation over him as when there is bitter lamentation over the firstborn [son].

Where does Jesus fit in?

Recall the fact that YHWH God sent an angel to protect and guide Israelites his own people.
This angel is said that YHWH's name is within him.
Obedience to him was life and death matter.
He represented YHWH God himself.
An angel guided prophets' activities as Jesus guided his disciples activities.

I assume that he is the first creation, who later became Jesus.

Ex 23:20-21
20 "Here I am sending an angel ahead of you to keep you on the road and to bring you into the place that I have prepared. 21 Watch yourself because of him and obey his voice. Do not behave rebelliously against him, for he will not pardon YOUR transgression; because my name is within him.

Regarding Jesus, it is said that he came his own people.
So Jesus must have owned his people before he became human.

Joh 1:11
11 He came to his own home, but his own people did not take him in.

Jesus is also foretold as a prophet like Moses.

Ac 3:22-23
22 In fact, Moses said, 'YHWH God will raise up for YOU from among YOUR brothers a prophet like me. YOU must listen to him according to all the things he speaks to YOU. 23 Indeed, any soul that does not listen to that Prophet will be completely destroyed from among the people.'

The both cases of the angel assigned to Israel and a Moses-like prophet, obeying him is life and death matter.

Archangel Michael

Michael the archangel meaning "Who Is Like God?"


Michael the archangel has great role in God's chosen people.

Notice the authority he had to protect God's people.

Jude 9
9 But when Mi'chael the archangel had a difference with the Devil and was disputing about Moses' body, he did not dare to bring a judgment against him in abusive terms, but said: "May YHWH rebuke you."

De 34:5-6
5 After that Moses the servant of YHWH died there in the land of Mo'ab at the order of YHWH. 6 And he proceeded to bury him in the valley in the land of Mo'ab in front of Beth-pe'or, and nobody has come to know his grave down to this day.

Da 10:13, 21
13 But the prince of the royal realm of Persia was standing in opposition to me for twenty-one days, and, look! Mi'chael, one of the foremost princes, came to help me; and I, for my part, remained there beside the kings of Persia.
21 However, I shall tell you the things noted down in the writing of truth, and there is no one holding strongly with me in these [things] but Mi'chael, the prince of YOU people.

As shown above, Michael confronted with Satan to protect God's people.
He is also called one of the foremost princes, and the prince of you (Israelites) people.
There are many spirit princes as shown above, the prince of Persia, the prince of Greece, and the prince of Israel.
Michael is the prince of Israel who is one of the foremost princes.

He is also foretold that he would battle with Satan and his angelic seeds to cast them down to the earth.

Da 12:1
1 "And during that time Mi'chael will stand up, the great prince who is standing in behalf of the sons of your people. And there will certainly occur a time of distress such as has not been made to occur since there came to be a nation until that time. And during that time your people will escape, every one who is found written down in the book.

Re 12:7-9
7 And war broke out in heaven: Mi'cha・el and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled 8 but it did not prevail, neither was a place found for them any longer in heaven. 9 So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him.

Jesus knew this event since he mentioned the event to his disciples.

Lu 10:17-19
17 Then the seventy returned with joy, saying: "Lord, even the demons are made subject to us by the use of your name." 18 At that he said to them: "I began to behold Satan already fallen like lightning from heaven.

The second arrival of Jesus with kingly power is said to happen with an archangel's voice and with God's trumpet.

1Th 4:16
16 because the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel's voice and with God's trumpet,

So I assume that Jesus could be the highest archangel before he became human.
It never downgrades Jesus.
The quality and reliability of God children is the same from the first creation to the last creation.
No difference.

So the integrity that Jesus demonstrated raised the authenticity of all God's children.
Anyone of God's children can be like Jesus.
If it is said that Jesus became God, so do we, since we all are God's children.

So our loving generous Father YHWH God never spare what is good to his loyal children.

Ps 84:11
11 For YHWH God is a sun and a shield;
Favor and glory are what he gives.
YHWH himself will not hold back anything good from those walking in faultlessness.

It is God's will that all God's children will be like God knowing good and bad.

I'm satisfied with this understanding.

Judge for yourself.

Popular Posts

Latest comments

About Me



I became a Christian being baptized in 1972. Since then, I was a Jehovah's Witnesses for about 40 years.

When I was an elder, I was removed from the eldership of the congregation because I took a position that differed from the policy of the Watchtower Society.

Many years of life as a Jehovah's Witnesses I have experienced a discord between the style of worship of the Watch Tower Society and the teachings of Christ. So, using the Internet I began investigating the Watchtower Society from its beginning.

read more >>

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

QooQ