reconsideration of sun's movement

2016/02/13 0

flat earth

t f B! P L
I have reconsidered the movement of the midnight sun in arctic because a certain reader of my blog left an interesting comment.

Then I found that the midnight sun's movement of going around above the horizon is not a convincing evidence of the stationary flat earth, since it can also be seen by the spinning ball earth model.

But it doesn't necessary mean that the spinning ball earth model is correct.


Okay, let me explain the midnight sun's movement of the spinning ball earth model.


The sun's apparent movement by the earth's rotation on its axis is
the sun rise at around 6:00am in the East,
then, culminates at noon,
then, sets at around 6:00pm in the West.


The horizon is the tangent of the latitude, and our eyes see the circle opening around us 360 degrees.

Because of this circular field of view, the apparent sun's movement is going from the east to the west through the south, and without stop the west to the east through the north.

It is moving back and forth between east and west, but circular movement without let up.

click the image to enlarge


The following is the sun's movement which can be seen from the field of view surrounded by the 360 degrees circular horizon.

The culmination altitude in the high latitude is low, so the midnight sun's apparent trajectory maybe like blue line.





Let me correct the wrong speculation that I made.
I will leave that incorrect reasoning  as it is for future reference.


a pdf file is here.

Popular Posts

Latest comments

About Me



I became a Christian being baptized in 1972. Since then, I was a Jehovah's Witnesses for about 40 years.

When I was an elder, I was removed from the eldership of the congregation because I took a position that differed from the policy of the Watchtower Society.

Many years of life as a Jehovah's Witnesses I have experienced a discord between the style of worship of the Watch Tower Society and the teachings of Christ. So, using the Internet I began investigating the Watchtower Society from its beginning.

read more >>

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

QooQ